Healthy and low-fat, this tasty sea bass dish is packed with nutrition and flavour from superfood beetroot to zingy lime.
- 4tbsp light olive oil
- 4-6 sea-bass fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g (8oz) cooked beetroot, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Zested rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- To make this superfood recipe (opens in new tab), heat 2tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Season the flesh of the sea bass and then fry it, skin-side down, in 2 batches, if necessary. Use spatulas to press the fish down flat and cook for 3-5 mins, until the skin starts to go crispy, then turn it over and cook for a further 3-5 mins, or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the fish from the pan and keep it warm.
- Clean the pan and add the remaining oil to it and heat it. Add the beetroot and cook it over a medium heat for about 3-4 mins, stirring it regularly, until it's warmed through. Add the spring onion and lime rind and juice and warm through.
- Stir in the mint and season to taste just before serving. Arrange 2 sea-bass fillets on each plate and spoon the beetroot salsa over and serve immediately, with slices of lime. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top Tip for making Sea bass with beetroot salsa
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon suggests wearing disposable gloves to avoid getting pink-stained hands while preparing the beetroot
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Make this classic lasagne with layers of lean beef mince and tomato sauce. It's an easy Italian lasagne recipe the whole family will love...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Gordon Ramsay’s beef Wellington
Gordon Ramsay's beef Wellington recipe looks impressive and takes just 20 mins to prep. Made with beef fillet, mushrooms, and readymade pastry...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
Slimming World removes low-fat soft cheese from the Healthy Extras list
And they’ve cut the daily syns allowance…
By Jessica Ransom • Published