Healthy and low-fat, this tasty sea bass dish is packed with nutrition and flavour from superfood beetroot to zingy lime.
- 4tbsp light olive oil
- 4-6 sea-bass fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g (8oz) cooked beetroot, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Zested rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- To make this superfood recipe (opens in new tab), heat 2tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Season the flesh of the sea bass and then fry it, skin-side down, in 2 batches, if necessary. Use spatulas to press the fish down flat and cook for 3-5 mins, until the skin starts to go crispy, then turn it over and cook for a further 3-5 mins, or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the fish from the pan and keep it warm.
- Clean the pan and add the remaining oil to it and heat it. Add the beetroot and cook it over a medium heat for about 3-4 mins, stirring it regularly, until it's warmed through. Add the spring onion and lime rind and juice and warm through.
- Stir in the mint and season to taste just before serving. Arrange 2 sea-bass fillets on each plate and spoon the beetroot salsa over and serve immediately, with slices of lime. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top Tip for making Sea bass with beetroot salsa
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon suggests wearing disposable gloves to avoid getting pink-stained hands while preparing the beetroot
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
If you grow your own, this pickled beetroot is a great way to make your beetroot harvest last longer, so you can get that sweet beetroot flavour all year round.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Broccoli and salmon pasta
This superfood-packed broccoli and salmon pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated