Scallops have a reputation for being tricky to cook, but with our three step recipe, they couldn't be easier to prepare. These sizzling spicy scallops are seasoned with garlic, chilli, lime and coriander, for a fresh, vibrant flavour, and are perfect served as a starter or a light dinner with bread and vegetables on the side.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 5 large scallops, with or without roe, and the muscle removed, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1⁄2 a lime
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 100g sugar snap peas, cooked
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a small pan and, when hot, add the scallops and fry for 1 minute, or until they are golden underneath, then flip them over, throw in the garlic and chilli, and cook for another minutes.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, season with salt and black pepper and scatter with coriander.
- Eat with the cooked sugar snaps and crusty bread.
Top Tip for making Sizzling spicy scallops
Scallops can be bought frozen, so you can just dip into the bag in the freezer when you want some. Why not add some prawns, too?
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Healthy chicken casserole
Our healthy chicken casserole recipe is perfect for cold winter nights, made with plenty of veg and butter beans for a filling meal that's good for you too
By Jessica Dady • Published
Chicken biryani is a rich and spicy chicken and rice dish that everyone will love. This authentic Indian meal is easy to make and so delicious.
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Learn how to make traditional samosas at home with our easy recipe. These Indian restaurant and takeaway favourites are delicious freshly-made
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Mrs Hinch leaves the internet in shock with very bizarre dinner recipe
By Hayley Minn • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published