Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World are known for coming up with quick and healthy meal ideas that the whole family can enjoy - and they've done it again with this delicious garlic and thyme chicken with vegetable penne. Ready in just 20 minutes, this speedy pasta supper is perfect as a nutritious midweek meal after work or school.
Our guide on how to prepare and cook runner beans will make this recipe even easier! Like this? You're going to love our collection of Slimming World chicken recipes including chicken thighs and breasts.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g dried penne pasta
- 400g runner beans, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 100g prepared chopped kale
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl with the thyme, garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest and juice. Season and toss to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken on a grill rack in a single layer and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is under the grill, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the beans and kale for the final 4 minutes. Drain, season and divide between warmed plates.
- Slice the chicken thickly and serve with the vegetable penne.
Top Tip for making Slimming World's garlic and thyme chicken with vegetable penne
If you want to cut the cost of this dish down use chicken thighs instead
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Honey and sesame chicken
Looking for quick rice recipes? James Tanner's easy sesame chicken takes less than 15 mins to make and cost just over £2 per head - just follow our step-by-step video recipe.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Pasta with smoked salmon and cream
Goodtoknow has lots of easy recipes and dinner for one recipes like this pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce. Find out more easy recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published