Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World's asparagus carbonara pasta recipe is not only good for you and ready in less than half an hour, but it's delicious too! This recipe is ideal for those taking part in the Slimming World plan.
This recipe is given a twist by adding fresh asparagus to the mix. Asparagus can usually be found year-round in the big supermarkets, but if it's not in season and you can't find it when you make this dish, you could opt for other greens instead like tenderstem broccoli, kale, or spinach. This recipe uses fat-free natural fromage frais and low-fat cooking spray. If you want to make this dish extra healthy swap the pasta for wholemeal or wholewheat pasta instead.
- 100g fat free natural fromage frais
- 500g linguine or tagliatelle
- 400g asparagus tips, trimmed and halved
- 6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and then drain and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, blanch the asparagus tips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Once they are tender, drain the water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add the garlic and fromage frais. Whisk the mixture until it’s well combined and then stir in the chopped parsley. Season well with some salt and pepper.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Then add asparagus and pasta cook for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Pour over the sauce and gently heat through for 2-3 minutes until the pasta is well coated.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Top tips for making Slimming World's asparagus carbonara
When you're mixing the sauce into the pasta make sure you don’t allow it to boil or the eggs will scramble.
If you've not cooked asparagus before and need some helpful tips and guidance, our how to cook asparagus guide teaches you how to roast, griddle, and blanche asparagus the best way.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese is a delicious, meaty meal that you can serve up to the whole family, but it won't wreck your diet.
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published