Slimming World’s chicken and potato curry is simple and delicious - made in just three steps and ready in 40 minutes.
This easy recipe ticks all the boxes for midweek meals, and it's best Slimming World recipes. It's warming and cheering, as well as being simple and easy to make. Plus, because there are potatoes in the main dish, there's no need to make rice separately. Serve with some steamed broccoli and you're ready to go. It's made with tender chicken thighs - one of the cheapest and tastiest cuts of chicken, and it's medium spiced - but you can swap for mild or hot depending how you prefer your curry.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 800g skinless and boneless thighs, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 170g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 400ml of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Remove from the heat and season well. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.
Watch how to make Slimming World's chicken and potato curry...
Top tips for making Slimming World’s chicken and potato curry
To change the spice levels, simply swap the medium curry powder for mild or hot. If you like things really fiery, add some finely chopped green bird's eye chillies at the same time as the curry powder.
For more information on the Slimming World plan, visit slimmingworld.co.uk
You might also like...
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It's packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste
By Gordon Ramsay Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay Published
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published