Simple and tasty – and ready in just 15 minutes!
- 300g (10oz) spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50g can anchovies in oil
- 1tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus some extra
- 125g (4oz) bunch watercress, trimmed and washed
- About 4tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add the pasta to a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 8-9 mins.
Meanwhile, put the garlic, anchovies with the anchovy oil, capers and the olive oil in a large jug and whizz with a stick blender to make a paste.
Add the watercress and whizz again until it is finely chopped.
Drain the pasta, adding 4tbsp of the pasta cooking water to the watercress sauce. Put pasta back in the pan, stir in the sauce, then divide between 4 hot bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle with a little more oil, if you like.
Top tip for making Spaghetti with watercress and anchovy sauce
Not suitable for freezing.