Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A rich and tasty sauce for penne pasta. This is made with chorizo, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes with red wine. A tasty, quick and easy to cook meal for the whole family.
- 125g (4oz) penne
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) chorizo, sliced
- 90g (3oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100ml (3½fl oz) red wine
- 395g can cherry tomatoes
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 mins until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and cook for a few mins, stirring, until it becomes crispy. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and fry for another min, then stir in the wine and cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 5 mins. Serve on top of the penne.
Top Tip for making Spanish sausage in red wine
If you don’t want to use wine, add 2 tbs balsamic vinegar instead.