Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Add a little sparkle to your party, afternoon tea or just a normal day with these cute little cake pops. These bite-sized treats will go down a storm with all ages
- 185g butter, softened
- 185g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Lemon or orange extract
- Sparkle sugar (like Dr. Oetker Shimmer Sugar)
- 6 level tbsp of vanilla buttercream
- 3 x 150g bars of white chocolate
- Pack of 15 20cm lolly sticks
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/Gas Mark 3.
- Line an 11cm x 22cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time with a spoon of flour and mix well.
- Add rest of flour and baking powder and mix until all incorporated. Add a few drops of lemon/orange extract to taste.
- Bake in oven for 75-90 mins until firm to the touch. Remove from tin, place on a cooling rack, cool completely and remove the paper.
- Remove all the golden outer surfaces of the cake to leave just the pale coloured sponge and break into crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs and the buttercream together to form balls - if they are a little crumbly add a little more buttercream.
- Roll into 14 balls and place on a tray, cover with cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the bars of chocolate and dip a lolly stick into the melted chocolate to coat about 2cm of stick. Gently push a stick into the centre of each cake ball.
- Dip the ball into the melted chocolate, coat all over and roll in the shimmer sugar.
- Secure the sticks into a block of polystyrene or florists oasis and allow the cake pops to set before eating.
Top Tip for making Sparkle cake pops
You can use ready-made cakes as the base for your cake pops to save time