The contrast of fresh mango, juicy chicken and tangy spices turns this quick Indian recipe into a flavoursome treat
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 white pitta breads
- 100g packet baby leaf salad
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until golden all over. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin seeds and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the mango chutney and chunks of mango and cook for 1 min (it might be easier to do this in two batches).
- Warm the pitta breads under the grill, leave to cool slightly, then split and fill with the mango chicken and the salad leaves.
Top Tip for making Spicy mango chicken
We used Geeta's Premium Mango Chutney (available from Sainsbury's). It's packed with juicy mango and spices, so has a really good flavour.