Triple tested: These make a much cheaper option to lamb chops and theyre just as tasty! Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 red onion, coarsely grated
- 1-2 fresh red chillis, finely chopped
- 6tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 200g natural yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and coarsely grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Check you've got
- 1tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2x250g bags Express Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 100g cashew nuts, toasted
- 1tbsp olive oil
Mix together lamb mince, ground cumin and ground coriander, onion, breadcrumbs, 1⁄2 the chilli and 2tbsp coriander. Season and shape into 12 mini burgers. Chill for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the cucumber and 2tbsp fresh coriander. Season and chill.
Cook the rice according to pack instructions, then toss through the remaining chilli and fresh coriander, lemon juice and cashews and season.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add burgers and cook for 3-4 mins each side, until cooked through. Serve with the rice and yogurt.
Top tip for making Spicy mini lamb burgers
Serve with green beans to get 1 of your 5-a-day.