There's nothing better than a pile of fresh, healthy veggies to serve alongside your main course. This recipe incorporates tasty spring greens and sprouting broccoli with a zesty bay dressing. It's quick, super simple and ideal for serving alongside roasted meat or veggie dinner options.
- 30g butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 bay leaves, torn
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 400g sprouting broccoli
- 400g spring greens, hard central stem removed
- Warm the butter or oil in a small pan with the bay leaves and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the broccoli and greens until tender. Drain well, arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Top Tip for making Spring greens and sprouting broccoli with bay dressing
If spring greens are out of season, you could substitute any other form of young cabbage, kale, or baby spinach instead.