Juicy sirloin steaks make the ideal filling for these hearty wraps – perfect for a quick evening meal or substantial lunch
Learn how to cook steak perfectly with our easy and informative guide!
- 4 thin sirloin steaks
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 10ml (2tsp) dried oregano
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 small cos lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ small cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 8 small wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- 90ml (6tbsp) half-fat crème fraîche
- 10ml (2tsp) wholegrain mustard
Brush the steaks with the olive oil, sprinkle over the dried oregano and season with freshly ground black pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan until very hot, then add the steaks and onion wedges and cook for 4-6 mins, turning once until the steaks are cooked to your liking and the onions are just tender.
Place a few lettuce leaves, avocado slices and cucumber ribbons in each warmed tortilla. Thinly slice the steaks and add to the tortillas with the onions. Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together and drizzle over the steaks. Roll up and serve immediately.
Top tip for making Steak and avocado wraps
You can cook the steaks on a barbecue if you prefer: these wraps make great alternatives to burgers.