Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you love fish - try it Chinese style. The ginger really gives it that oriental twist which makes it both smell and taste delicious.
- 450g (1lb) loin of cod
- 125ml (4fl oz) chicken stock
- 40g (1.5oz) light buttery spread
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 7.5cm (3 inch) piece root ginger, half grated and half finely minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 3 pak choi, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons light sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, cut into julienne strips
- Fresh coriander
- Place fish in a bowl, pour over the stock and dot with light buttery spread, garlic and the grated ginger.
- Place in a steamer, cover and steam for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sherry and pak choi and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pak choi onto 4 serving plates and top with the fish. Sprinkle the sugar over the cooking liquor and pour over the fish.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil and garnish with the spring onions, remaining ginger and coriander.