Get adventurous and serve up tender fish with its hot and sour juices oozing out into fluffy watercress rice - mouth watering!
- 85g bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, roughly chopped
- 20g pack fresh coriander
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 x 150g cod fillets
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 150g Thai jasmine rice, to serve
- Blend the chilli, lemon grass, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a food processor to form a paste. Add the coriander and lime zest and blend for a further 20 secs until well combined.
- Rub fillets with the sesame oil and press some paste on top of each fillet.
- Steam the fish, in a covered steamer, over a pan of boiling water for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following packet instructions then drain. Return the rice to the pan and remove from the heat.
- Add the watercress to the rice and cover with a clean tea towel and the lid. Leave for 10 mins until the rice is fluffy and the watercress is wilted. Stir through and serve with the fish.
Top Tip for making Steamed Oriental cod
If you're looking for an alternative to cod, you could try pollock (pollack) or coley, which are members of the cod family and taste just as good.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
This beer battered fish recipe leaves you with a crisp and golden brown skin which is delicious. Serve your deep-fried fish with chips and mushy peas
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published