Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This simple prawn stir-fry is just 271 calories per serving and is ready in no time! A perfect mid-week meal for the family
- 1 tbsp cornflour pinch of cayenne pepper
- 225g tiger prawns, uncooked
- 2 tbsp soy sauce spray oil for frying
- 25g unsalted cashew nuts
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 200g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece of ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 4 tbsp rice wine
- Mix the cornflour and cayenne in a bowl, add the prawns and coat thoroughly, then mix in the soy sauce and leave in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Spray some oil into a wok and place over a high heat, add the cashews and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until golden, then remove them to a plate.
- Next add the mushrooms and stir fry for 1-2mins until golden. Add the prawns and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes, until they turn pink. Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for another minute.
- Return the nuts to the pan, turn the heat down to medium, add the rice wine and a little water, then put a lid on the pan and cook for a further minute. Serve with glass noodles or boiled rice.
Top Tip for making Stir-fry prawns with mushroom and broccoli
Be careful when cooking your prawns - they tend to lose their flavour if they're overcooked. Remove them from the pan when they've turned pink