Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Use up those cupboard leftovers with this deliciously easy spaghetti dish - ready in less than half an hour!
- 8 tinned anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp small capers
- 180g (6½ oz) small pitted black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g (4oz) coarse fresh breadcrumbs from a baguette or ciabatta
- 500g (1lb 2oz) dried spaghetti
- Zest of a lemon
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Pound the anchovies with half the olive oil to make a paste. Mix together the anchovies, capers and olives.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, fry the garlic quickly, then add the breadcrumbs and fry until browned.
- Cook the pasta for around 10 mins until firm. Drain, return to pan and add anchovy mix and lemon zest plus a little extra oil if it's a bit dry. Stir in the parsley and freshly ground pepper. Scatter over garlic crumbs and serve.
Top Tip for making Store-cupboard spaghetti
You can always add other store-cupboard leftovers to this recipe: try tinned tuna or sun-dried tomatoes.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Make this classic lasagne with layers of lean beef mince and tomato sauce. It's an easy Italian lasagne recipe the whole family will love...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Pasta with smoked salmon and cream
Goodtoknow has lots of easy recipes and dinner for one recipes like this pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce. Find out more easy recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Mum shares insanely easy and cheap hack to clean the pesky dust behind your radiators
By Selina Maycock • Published