Can you believe you only need 5 ingredients to make these beautiful strawberry tarte tatins? These sweet fruit tarts would be a great addition to any summer dinner menu or afternoon tea stand - serve them with a generous dollop of creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream for a truly special dessert that is ready in less than an hour.
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out (or 1⁄2tsp vanilla extract)
- 30g butter
- 16 fairly large strawberries, hulled
- 200g puff pasty
You will need:
- Tray of 4 x Yorkshire pud tins
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°C/Gas Mark 7. Heat the sugar with the vanilla seeds in a small non-stick pan over a medium heat and stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and then caramelises. Quickly pour into the tins. Add a small knob of butter to each onen then arrange halved strawberries, cut side up, in a floral patter on the caramel.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8 in) square. Cut out 4 x 10cm (4in) rounds and place on top of the fruit in the tins. Bake for 20-25 mins until the pastry is well risen and golden. Leave for 10 mins, then slide a knife around the edges and turn them out on to paper. Serve warm on plated with crème fraiche.
Top Tip for making Strawberry tarte tatins
If you don’t have Yorkshire pud tins, make a large tart in 20-23cm (8-9in) shallow cake tin (not loose-based).
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tomato and sweetcorn flan
By Sue McMahon • Published
Hairy Bikers' steak and ale pie
The Hairy Bikers' steak and ale pie recipe is an absolute classic. Learn how to make a rich meaty pie filling and soft buttery pastry...
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Fodmap breakfast recipes can be tricky as dairy and gluten are usually off the menu! These delicious spinach pancakes might sound unusual but they're delish!
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Spicy onion bhajis
These delicious, flavour-packed spicy onion bhajis are so simple to make. With this classic Indian recipe you'll have these favourites made in no time
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
This Ferrero Rocher pastry recipe has just four ingredients and is going viral
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Aldi is selling a sausage roll maker for under £15 and it's the ULTIMATE stocking filler for pastry lovers
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Bake Off fans are all saying the same hilarious thing about Prue Leith's outfit after pastry week
By Selina Maycock • Published