Strawberry trifle cake is the ultimate no bake cake for summer, made by layering ready-made flan cases with white chocolate, cream and berries
- 2 large flan cases (we used Edlers)
- 120g white chocolate, melted
- 1 pack strawberry jelly
- 150g strawberries, halved
- 1x120g pot ready-made custard
- 600ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- a handful each strawberries and raspberries, to decorate
- Put one flan case on a plate to create a base. Cut out the centre of the second flan case so you are left with just the rim, then stack on top of the base. Pour the white chocolate inside and spread with a pastry brush, making sure the inner borders are also well covered to avoid leaking. Put in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jelly in a jug, according to packet instructions and leave it to semi-set. Put the strawberries on the flan base and pour over the jelly. Place the cake in the fridge until the jelly is set.
- In a small bowl, stir half the cream into the custard and spoon over the jelly layer. Using a large spoon, dollop the remaining cream onto the custard layer and decorate with strawberries and raspberries.
Top Tip for making Strawberry trifle cake
Vary the trifle flavour to suit what you fancy – peaches and nectarines work well too.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Our easy butterfly buns recipe is perfect for kids. We've kept our butterfly cake recipe simple - just slice the tops off and fill with buttercream and jam...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mary Berry’s chocolate cake
Make a perfectly rich chocolate cake with luxurious chocolate icing using Mary Berry's chocolate cake recipe...
By Mary Berry • Published
Looking for cake recipes? To celebrate the Royal Wedding, Julia Speare-Cole, a relative of Queen Victoria's close friend, has teamed up with Stoves and celebrity chef Brian Turner to create a Catherine sponge, using Kate Middleton's favourite ingredients
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Make this Mother's Day one to remember with John Lewis and AirPods
By Emily Stedman • Published
Morrisons launches special ‘Pocket Money Menu’ so children can pay on Mother's Day
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Cyber Monday travel deals: Save on trips at British Airways, easyJet and Virgin Atlantic with these late Black Friday discounts
By Grace Walsh • Published