Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Fancy a taste of the Mediterranean but on a diet? Try this tasty low-fat sun-dried tomato chicken salad.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 150g pot sun-dried tomato light/low-fat sauce
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag crisp lettuce
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- Put the chicken breasts into a non-metallic bowl. Add the pot of sun-dried tomato sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Pre-heat the grill. Arrange the chicken breasts on the grill rack and cook for about 6-7 mins per side, basting often with the sauce. Check that the chicken is thoroughly cooked with a sharp knife. Cool the chicken whilst making the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and wholegrain mustard. Season with black pepper. Add the lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and pepper and toss.
- Tear up the chicken breasts and add to the salad.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts on top, then serve whilst the chicken is still warm.
Top Tip for making Sun-dried tomato chicken salad
from nutritionist Fiona HunterYou can use the sun-dried tomato sauce as a mariade and baste for lamb too and it gives fish an extra kick too