Thai green prawn curry with broccoli is a speedy curry recipe that's ready in just 15 minutes and makes a healthy family meal, containing 1 of your 5-a-day portions of fruit and vegetables. Broccoli is packed full of vitamins, protein and calcium, as well as plenty more minerals, so it's a fab choice if you're trying to get more green veg in your diet. This recipe is perfect for when you're cooking for a family, or even when you're entertaining. Serve with steamed rice - either jasmine, plain or coconut for a really tasty dinner. You'll never have to pick up a takeaway menu again!
- 200g bellaverde broccoli
- 225g/8oz Thai fragrant rice
- 1 (400g) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 30ml/2tbsp Thai Green Curry paste
- 5ml/1tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 500g/1lb raw peeled tiger prawns, thawed if frozen
- 1 (220g) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 45ml/3tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Prepare the broccoli by trimming a little off the end of each spear. Place the rice in a sieve, rinse under with cold water, then cook in a medium pan of boiling water for 10 mins or until tender.
- Whilst the rice cooks place the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and sugar in a large frying pan or wok. Slowly bring to the boil, then add the broccoli, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 mins or until just tender.
- Stir in the spring onions, prawns and bamboo shoots and stir well. Bring the mixture back to the boil, then simmer for 2 mins, stirring occasionally until the prawns have turned pink. Stir in the lime zest and juice and coriander.
- Drain the rice in a sieve and divide between four bowls, top with the prawn curry and serve.
Top Tip for making Thai green prawn curry with broccoli
Just two spears of broccoli is all you need to tick off one of your 5-a-day portions of fruit and vegetables