This easy curry soup is delicious served with mango chutney - and you can freeze it for up to 3 months, too
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 level tbsp Tikka Masala curry paste
- 750g (1½lb) potatoes, eg, Maris Piper, peeled and cubed
- 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and black pepper
- Mango chutney and chopped coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook the onion over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until it?s softened. Add the Tikka paste and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes to the pan and stir to coat them in the curry paste, then pour in the milk and add the stock cube. Pour 600ml (1 pint) water into the pan and bring the mixture to the boil. Cover the pan and then reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Add seasoning to taste. If the soup is too thick, add a little more water.
- Reheat the soup, if necessary, before serving. Pour the soup into serving bowls and then spoon a little mango chutney on to each bowl, and scatter over some chopped coriander.
Top Tip for making Tikka tattie soup
To freeze the soupPack cold soup into suitable containers and freeze for up to3 months. Allow the soup to defrost.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It's packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste
By Gordon Ramsay Published
Beef tikka masala
This beef tikka masala recipe comes from a 1930s issue of Women's Weekly - and it's still a favourite. It's been updated slightly to reflect the ingredients that are available in supermarkets today.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This easy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe are a favourite thanks to its creamy, rich flavour. The broccoli and cheese pair perfectly together...
By Jessica Dady Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published