A tomato pasta bake recipe is always a handy one to have up your sleeve. This bake includes spicy chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes for an extra rich flavour.
- 1 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g chorizo sausage, sliced or diced
- 12 pitted black olives
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 400g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 x 150g packet mozzarella cheese, drained and diced finely
- 40g fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- : Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a frying pan adding the chorizo and fry for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until cooked through and lightly crispy.
- Stir in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, white wine and Bolognese sauce - season to taste. Cook the sauce for about 15 mins or until thick.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta as directed on the packet until al dente. Drain the pasta well and stir into the tomato sauce.
- Preheat your grill. Spoon the mixture into a heat-proof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill until golden brown and piping hot. Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
Top Tip for making Tomato and chorizo pasta bake
If you want your pasta bake extra meaty you can add a bit of cooked chicken
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes
By Slimming World • Published
Penne pasta with king prawns, cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our penne pasta with king prawns and cherry tomatoes recipe is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Pasta with smoked salmon and cream
Goodtoknow has lots of easy recipes and dinner for one recipes like this pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce. Find out more easy recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published