Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This cheesy pasta dish with bacon and mushrooms is bound to be as much of a hit with your family, as it is with Vanessa Jones'- her kids can't get enough of it.
- Pasta shapes or spaghetti (about 50g to 75g per person)
- 6 rashers bacon, chopped
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) flour
- 1/2 pint of milk
- Handful of grated cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon, mushrooms, onion and garlic for 10 mins, until done.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Gradually stir in the milk, whisking to get rid of any lumps.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then simmer. Add the cheese and allow it to melt.
- Take the sauce off the heat, mix in the bacon, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Pour over the drained pasta and serve.
Top Tip for making Vanessa Jones' bacon and cheese pasta
To make into a pasta bake, pour the pasta and sauce into a ceramic dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 190°C/375°F/gas 5 for 30 mins.