Scallops are much easier to cook than you may think and this delicious warm scallop and bacon salad shows you how to get the most out of them in terms of flavour. This recipe serves up to 2 people and is the perfect healthy lunch time treat. It will take you 20 mins to rustle this dish up. The smokey rashers of bacon give this dish a real depth of flavour. Serve on a bed of fresh salad leaves and enjoy.
- 3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, stretched, each rasher cut into 3
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 queen scallops, muscle removed, roe trimmed
- 3tbsps white wine
- 1tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- About 2tbsps freshly chopped chives
- About 60g rocket or pea shoots
- 100g cooked peas, blitzed to a rough purée
- Dry-fry the bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Set aside. Rub 1 tablespoon of oil over the scallops and season them well. Add to the hot pan, with the roes, and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, over a high heat. Take them out and keep them warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and vinegar. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes. Take off the heat and whisk in the rest of the oil, the mustard and chives.
- Divide the bacon and scallops between 2 plates, add the leaves or shoots and spoon the warm dressing over. Serve with mushy peas.
Top Tip for making Warm scallop and bacon salad
Add some of the dressing to the peas before whizzing with a stick blender.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Warm rainbow cabbage salad
This warm rainbow cabbage salad is the perfect healthy side for the cooler months of the year, giving you a fresh crunch with your meal without it being too chilly...
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
This supermarket is offering an amazing Prosecco bargain for Valentine's Day
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published