Weight Watchers chilli chocolate mousse is a delicious, rich chocolate pudding that won't ruin your diet - ideal for an afternoon treat or party dessert. These easy to make mousse pots are made with only 7 ingredients including dark chocolate, cherries, cocoa powder and eggs. You can make these mousse pots in advance, store in an airtight container or wrap in clingfilm and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. These pots are best served the day you make them though and as they only take 30 mins to make, they should be easy. This recipe makes 6 mini pots. And works out at only 4 points per serving.
- 75g Bendicks of Mayfair Dark Chocolate, (or similar) broken into pieces
- 4 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- 4tbsp water
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 12 medium portion cherries
- Put the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted.
- Blend the cocoa powder with the hot water, then add to the chocolate and stir really well until smooth. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture. Replace the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and cook gently for about 5 mins, stirring until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the chilli powder. Taste to check the heat, adding a little more if required.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then add the caster sugar and whisk again until glossy. Fold through the chocolate mixture using a large metal spoon. Share between 6 small glasses and top with a cherry. Serve with the remaining cherries.