This omega 3 rich lunch is packed full of flavour. The crunchy veg sits perfectly next to the creamy salmon. It’s filling and delicious.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 1 fennel
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful of almonds
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp tomato concentrate
- 1/2 of chilli powder
- salt, pepper
- coconut oil (or butter) for cooking
- Rub the salmon in the za’atar, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper and leave to the side.
- Grate your fennel and carrots, pour over the juice of 1/2 a lime and leave to the side.
- In a jam jar or glass mix the olive oil, cumin, chilli, 1/2 lime juice, tomato concentrate and a pinch of salt together. Mix well and cover the veg in this harissa style dressing.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and pop 1 tsp of coconut oil in the pan. Once its hot, place the salmon in and fry the fillets for 3 minutes skin side down then flip to the left side for a minute, the top face down for a minute then the other side for a minute. Crush the almonds slightly with your knife.
- Serve on top of the salad with a handful of crushed almonds and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Other nice toppings – yogurt, fresh mint leaves, roast sweet potato or humous.
Top Tip for making Za'atar salmon with shaved fennel, carrot and almond salad
This dish can also be saved for a delicious packed lunch the next day, so you might want to do a few extra fillets!