We all want what's best for our pets, especially when it comes to their overall health and wellbeing. But one vet has issued a scary warning about giving CBD to your four legged friends, as it could cause "serious harm".
Vet Sean McCormack has urged owners to be wary of giving their animals anything containing CBD oil, as it can be very harmful. This warning comes after Katie Price was wrongfully told that it was okay to give her dog the oil.
Following Rolo’s tragic death, a spokesperson told The Mirror, “She feels let down too by a system that allows CBD oil to be marketed for pets despite it being illegal. Katie had backlash, hate mail, death threats and trolling over Rolo’s tragic passing.”
Rolo sadly died after being given CBD oil, and it’s believed that he suffocated in his sleep after it made him drowsy and encouraged him to seek out a quiet place.
Now, Sean has backed up this warning by urging pet owners to avoid giving the substance to pets. He said, “Do not give it to your animals.
“It isn’t licensed in pets and it is illegal for a reason. Some pet owners want to go down the holistic route and don’t want to visit a vet. But we don’t know how safe some of these things are.”