Which TSB branches are closing in 2021? Is your local bank on the list?
TSB has announced that it's closing 70 of its branches in the UK in response to more people using online banking and fewer people visiting its physical branches. But which TSB branches are closing this year and is your local bank on the list?
The news comes after M&S announced plans to close some of its stores earlier this year and Wilkos announced it was shutting some doors as the high street looks set to change once more as a result of multiple lockdowns and also the fact that 90% (2.2million customers) now use online banking, with 1.6 million opting for the mobile banking app.
Even before the Covid pandemic, the bank was seeing a shift in its customer banking pattern and now it has 44% using services at its cash machines and 24% using a Post Office.
But this latest closure will result in 150 fewer roles within the company but TSB says all impacted staff will be offered alternative roles in the company and it will continue to support customers through its online chat service, plus telephone and new video banking services.
Which TSB branches are closing in 2021?
TSB plans to close a further 70 of its bank branches but the first of these new closures will start in 2022, the baking giant confirmed today.
TSB first announced in 2020 that it planned to close 164 branches and these were earmarked for closure between January and June 2021 and before this, in 2019 a total of 82 branches closed their doors for the last time.
In 2021 there are currently 290 TSB banks but the closures starting in 2022 will take this number down to 220.
The bank is planning on keeping those stores to enable 90% of its customers to have just a 20-minute or less drive to their local bank.
TSB chief customer officer Robin Bulloch said, “Closing branches is an incredibly difficult decision to take, but we have to respond to the changes in the way people bank and provide the right mix of services for all our customers now and into the future.
“These changes allow us to maintain an extensive branch presence across the country. They are accompanied by a significant investment programme to upgrade branches to better suit customer needs.
He added, “And, where it takes longer to get to the nearest branch, we will introduce more ‘pop-up’ services in communities.”
Earlier this year TSB launched a TV advert with Friends star David Schwimmer.
Is your local TSB bank on the list to close in 2022?
The full list of TSB bank branches that will be closing in 2022:
- TSB Aylesbury - 19 April 2022
- TSB Bath - 15 June 2022
- TSB Bermondsey - 27 April 2022
- TSB Bishop's Stortford - 26 May 2022
- TSB Bromley - 18 May 2022
- TSB Bury St Edmunds - 26 May 2022
- TSB Camberley - 5 May 2022
- TSB Cambridge - 20 April 2022
- TSB Carolgate - 24 May 2022
- TSB Cleveleys - 8 June 2022
- TSB Colchester - 31 May 2022
- TSB Coldside - 13 April 2022
- TSB Cirencester - 14 June 2022
- TSB Denton - 17 May 2022
- TSB Ealing - 5 May 2022
- TSB Eastbourne - 17 May 2022
- TSB Ellon - 19 April 2022
- TSB Exeter - 21 June 2022
- TSB Forfar - 14 April 2022
- TSB Forres - 27 April 2022
- TSB Fort William - 20 April 2022
- TSB Frodsham - 22 June 2022
- TSB Garston - 9 June 2022
- TSB Gateshead - 10 May 2022
- TSB Gillingham - 15 June 2022
- TSB Greenwich - 28 April 2022
- TSB Harlesden - 28 April 2022
- TSB Horsham - 12 May 2022
- TSB Kirkintilloch - 28 April 2022
- TSB Lanark - 27 April 2022
- TSB Longbridge - 28 June 2022
- TSB Louth - 24 May 2022
- TSB Magdalen Street - 28 June 2022
- TSB Maidstone - 10 May 2022
- TSB Market Hill - 16 June 2022
- TSB Maryport - 10 May 2022
- TSB Melton Mowbray - 1 June 2022
- TSB Morden - 11 May 2022
- TSB Morecombe - 7 June 2022
- TSB Nelson - 18 May 2022
- TSB Newbury - 7 June 2022
- TSB Newton Aycliffe - 3 May 2022
- TSB Northallerton - 3 May 2022
- TSB Ossett - 17 May 2022
- TSB Oxford - 7 June 2022
- TSB Redcar - 4 May 2022
- TSB Redditch - 2 June 2022
- TSB Romford - 31 May 2022
- TSB Ross-On-Wye - 22 June 2022
- TSB Rushden - 21 April 2022
- TSB Sherwood - 29 June 2022
- TSB Shrewsbury - 28 June 2022
- TSB Solihull - 1 June 2022
- TSB Southend-On-Sea - 2 June 2022
- TSB Stranraer - 28 April 2022
- TSB Sutton - 26 May 2022
- TSB Swaffham - 24 May 2022
- TSB Taunton - 12 April 2022
- TSB Thornbury - 9 June 2022
- TSB Thurso - 21 April 2022
- TSB Tunbridge Wells - 19 May 2022
- TSB Uxbridge - 4 May 2022
- TSB West End - 4 May 2022
- TSB Weston-super-Mare - 23 June 2022
- TSB Wilmslow - 14 June 2022
- TSB Wimborne - 13 April 2022
- TSB Winsford - 21 June 2022
- TSB Woodseats - 15 June 2022
- TSB Worcester - 21 June 2022
- TSB Yeovil - 12 April 2022
What to do if your local TSB is closing
Before your branch closes, make sure you're set up to bank with us using one of the options - Mobile Banking App, Internet Banking or Telephone banking - so you can access your banking from home or elsewhere 24/7:
TSB has introduced new TSB pop-ups in around 40 communities across the country, with another 10 planned to open. So if you need a face-to-face chat about your money, you’ll be able to meet with one of its Mobile Money Confidence Experts.
They’ll be available one day a week at an accessible location, and can help with most of your banking needs, including:
- Support with managing your money.
- Internet and Mobile Banking troubleshooting.
- Managing finances if you’ve suffered a bereavement.
- Help with general product enquiries.
Selina is a Senior Entertainment Writer for Goodto.com, Woman&Home, and My Imperfect Life with more than 16 years of experience in newspapers and magazines. She currently writes a mix of Entertainment news - including baby news, weddings, reporting the the latest news about the Royal kids Prince George, Charlotte, Louis, Archie and Lilibet as well as Family news stories. Before joining Future Publishing, Selina graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2006 with a degree in Journalism. She is fully NCTJ and NCE qualified and has 100wpm shorthand. When she's not interviewing celebrities you can find her exploring new countryside walking routes, catching up with friends over good food, or making memories.
30 of the best self-care ideas to boost your health and manage stress – and they’re all free
Feeling out of sorts? Give yourself a lift with these tried-and-tested self-care ideas
By Rose Goodman • Published
7 surprisingly easy ways families can save money without even trying
Saving money is hard during a cost of living crisis, but make sure you know the ways you can save a bit more without feeling the pinch
By Rachel Lacey • Published