Whether it’s for Halloween, baby showers, weddings or just for the sake of it, some people have been getting their cake inspiration from where you’d least expect it. We’re sure they’re still delicious but would you ever eat a slice of a very realistic cockroach cake?
Here are 13 of the most gruesome cakes that probably wouldn’t make it anywhere near your plate, no matter how much of a sweet tooth you are!
1. Suddenly a cute newborn baby cake isn’t such a good idea
Image: Gif Bin
What are you doing? PUT THAT KNIFE DOWN!
2. An ACTUAL C-section cake
Image: Brown Butter Bakery
Well, it’s certainly different from a ‘It’s a Boy/Girl!’ cake…
3. In fact, maybe steer clear of childbirth themed cakes altogether
Good use of strawberries though.
4. The lamb cake that gets creepier by the slice
Image: Dessert Girl
It’s like Bambi’s mum all over again.
5. Snake cake anyone?
Image: North Star Cakes
Is it actually a cake? We’re not putting it in our mouths, just in case.
6. Taking zombie invasions to a whole other level
How gory does this zombie cake look? Definitely one for Walking Dead fans.
7. If you want to end the kids’ minions obsession… for good!
Image: Flickr/Ayca Wilson
8. That looks like an eventful wedding day
Image: Sarah Jones
If the hair is made of chocolate, count us in for a bite. But no blood, please.
9. Why stop at a bleeding heart when you can bake the entire thoracic cavity
Image: Make/Barbara Jo
Where would you even start to eat it?
10. Cockroaches are definitely not cake worthy animals
Image: Fish Lee
Malasyan baker Fish made this cockroach cake to scare a friend on her birthday and we can’t say we’re surprised it worked! Dark chocolate and mint fondant icing never looked this unappetizing.
11. That’s a very bloody brain
Ewwww! This brain cake looks so realistic we’re not sure we can trick our brains into thinking it’s a sweet treat. Our kids on the other hand…
12. Feeding off the beast
Image: Totally Sugar
This impressive custom cake made by Jacqui Kelly of Totally Sugar was created in marzipan and white chocolate modelling paste. but we’re not sure if even the biggest chocolate fans would dare have a bite of that angry face.
13. Fudge will never be the same
This cat litter box fudge cake could affect your love for chocolate fudge. Proceed with caution.