A flavoursome combination of hearty vegetables and tangy spices combine in this easy-to-make curry.
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 large aubergines, cut into large chunks
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- ½ x 290g jar Kashmiri Paste
- 450g (1lb) new potatoes, halved
- 450g (1lb) tomatoes, quartered
- 250g (9oz) green beans, trimmed
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Natural yogurt, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the aubergines and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the onion and cook for a further 10 mins until the aubergine is golden and the onion soft.
Stir in the garlic, cumin seeds and curry paste and cook for 2 mins.
Add the new potatoes and tomatoes and stir in 300ml (½ pint) water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins until the potatoes are tender.
Add the beans and cook for 5 mins until tender. Check the seasoning and stir in the coriander.
Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt.
Top tip for making Aubergine, bean and potato curry
Aubergines are less bitter nowadays so there's no need to salt them beforehand.