Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Baby food (opens in new tab): pea puree is a mineral-rich vegetable dish that's quick and easy to make for infants. Perfect for little mouths to manage and to keep little tummies full too. Babies love this bright green puree thanks to its sweet flavour and smooth consistancy. Depending on how much your baby will eat you can store this in small bags, ice cube trays or tuppawear and freeze.
- 500g peas, fresh or frozen
- If using fresh peas, open the pods and scrape out the peas from the pod. If using frozen type of either peas or green beans, cook according to package directions.
- Place fresh peas into a steamer basket in a pan with a just enough water to slightly show through in the basket.
- Steam until very tender; be sure to check on the water level.
- Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the peas.
- Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing. It is best to use the setting that makes the finest liquid purees - green bean and pea skins are rather difficult to completely puree. Using a blender rather than a food processor or stick mixer might be better as well.
- Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency
- You may wish to push the peas (or green beans) through a sieve or mesh strainer to get rid of any remaining skins
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Green bean puree
Deliciously smooth, vibrant green bean puree made with fresh beans and peas. Ready in just 20 minutes...
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Creme Egg cupcakes
By Victoria Threader • Published
Baked bean muffins
If your child is a fan of baked beans they’ll love these muffins. Instead of beans on toast for lunch why not try these baked bean muffins? Each muffin is filled to the brim with baked beans and the cheese bursts through in each and every bite!
By Anneliese Giggins • Published
Gordon Ramsay's Black Forest cake
A beautiful, decadent Black Forest cake with moist chocolate sponge and kirsch-soaked cherries. A truly epic teatime treat.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Prawn toast is incredibly easy to make yourself and so delicious it's almost criminal. This recipe for prawn toast is prepped in just ten mins too.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Mum shares insanely easy and cheap hack to clean the pesky dust behind your radiators
By Selina Maycock • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated