Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This baked vegetable omelette is perfect for the family as it's easy to customise with everyone's favourite vegetables. This is a quick, easy and very healthy way to cook an omelette for those beginners out there. You can chuck in whatever veg you have leftover in the fridge, making this a great family meal to prepare in a hurry.
- 50g/1 3/4oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300g/10 1/2oz spinach, roughly chopped
- 150g/5 1/2oz fresh or frozen peas
- 6 eggs
- 100g/3 1/2oz hard mozzarella, finely chopped
- 50g/1 3/4oz mortadella, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan and add the spinach. Cook at a medium heat for about 2-3 mins until it has softened.
- Add the peas and a couple of tablespoons of water, cover with a lid and continue to cook on a low heat for a further 5 mins until the peas have softened, too.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with some salt and pepper, stir in the mozzarella, mortadella and the cooled vegetables.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (approx. 22cm/81/2in diameter) with some butter, pour in the mixture and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 mins until the omelette has set and is golden.
- Remove from the oven, leave for a minute, then serve hot or cold.
Top Tip for making Baked vegetable omelette
If you really want to splash out, try adding escarole instead of spinach for a more mellow flavour.