Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Boozy cheery trifle is made with soft amaretti biscuits amaretti biscuits, kirsh cherries and dessert wine for a sophisticated take on classic trifle. With layers of kirsch jelly, fruit, cream and custard, this is a grown up twist on a festive classic.
From one boozy dessert to another, Christmas just wouldn't be complete without a Christmas pudding, follow our recipe for the most delicious version!
- 200g amaretti morbidi (the soft ones - we like the Corsini brand)
- 2x390g jar cherries in kirsch (try Opies), drained and kirsch reserved
- 4 sheets fine leaf gelatine
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 500ml fresh custard
- 2tsp cornflour dissolved in 1tbsp cold water
- 50ml Sauternes dessert wine
- 400ml double cream
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- Edible silver balls, to serve (optional)
- Arrange the amaretti in the base of a trifle dish. Top with the drained cherries.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 2 3 mins. Meanwhile, pour the reserved kirsch into a saucepan with the sugar and gently heat until just boiling. Add the gelatine and stir well until dissolved. Pour over the amaretti and cherry layer and chill for 3-4 hrs or until set.
- When the jelly is set, gently heat the custard and whisk in the cornflour mixture, until thickened. Leave to cool, then spoon over the jelly. Chill for 30 mins.
- When ready to serve, whisk the dessert wine into the double cream until softly whipped and spoon on top.
- Serve sprinkled with flaked almonds and silver balls.
Top Tip for making Boozy cherry trifle
If you want to make this for the kids to enjoy too, omit the alcohol and use fruit jelly and juice instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Christmas trifle is great to prep ahead of time and this Christmas Trifle recipe is the ultimate festive dessert using mulled wine and layers of custard
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Coconut milk panna cotta
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Gousto warm meat-free sausage, mustard and broccoli salad
This filling meat-free sausage, mustard, and broccoli salad recipe is part of Joe Wicks' Feel Good Fuel range from Gousto...
By Joe Wicks • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
You NEED this Christmas recipe book if you have a child with food allergies
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
This Aldi wooden kitchen is the perfect Christmas gift for kids
Get your Christmas shopping sorted early - these cute Aldi wooden toys are an absolute bargain
By Heidi Scrimgeour • Published