Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Make this filling pasta dish which mixes squash, pine nuts and watercress with Italian cheeses like gorgonzola and parmesan.
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 675g/1 ½lb butternut squash, washed and deseeded
- 5ml/1 tsp dried sage
- 150ml/ ¼pt dry white wine
- 200ml/ 7floz vegetable stock
- 2 (85g) bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 25g/1oz toasted pinenuts
- 100g/4oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 (300g) pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 (680g) jar passata with basil
- 50g/2oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 15ml/1tbsp pine nuts
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 6 mins or until pale golden. Meanwhile, cut the unpeeled butternut squash into 3-4cm cubes. Add the garlic and squash to the pan and cook for 1 min.
- Add sage, wine and stock. Season well with salt and pepper then cover the pan and simmer for 20 mins or until the squash is tender. Drain off any excess liquid and reserve. Use a fork to lightly mash the squash then stir in the gorgonzola, parmesan cheese and half the pine nuts. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan 180ºC / gas mark 6). Lay the lasagne sheets out on the work surface and divide the squash mixture evenly, placing it in a line at the end of each sheet of lasagne. Roll up each sheet of lasagne to make a neat cannelloni roll then place seam side down in a greased ovenproof dish.
- When all the rolls are in the dish, pour over the passata and scatter over the remaining cheese and pinenuts. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and the pasta is tender. Serve hot with a watercress salad.