This chicken roast will go down a treat on Sundays, but it's so quick you can cook it midweek. And best of all, it costs less than a fiver!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 300g carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 large parsnips, approx. 250g and cut into 3cm wedges
- 750g potatoes e.g. King Edwards, cut into wedges
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2 mins on each side. Transfer to a large roasting tin with all the vegetables and stir in the thyme, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake for 30 mins then drain most of the excess juice and reserve. Bake for a further 10 mins before serving with the reserved juice as gravy.
Top Tip for making Cheap chicken roast
We’ve used this recipe in our credit crunch meal planner. Click here to go back to week two of the planner.