Add some cheese and onion to your mash recipe for a delicious taste and creamy texture. This side dish is simple and easy-to-make weilding a 4 person portion in only 30 minutes. The kids will love it as it has so much more flavour than regular mash, and a better alternative to salty store bought chips.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 spring onions, trim and chopped
- 6tbsp milk
- Put potatoes in a pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. Drain well. Meanwhile grate cheese chop spring onions.
- Add a large knob of butter to the pan, along with all but a handful of spring onions. Fry them for 1 min, then add milk and put potatoes back in.
- Warm through and mash well. Season and stir in most of the cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with the rest of the cheese and onions.