Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World’s cheesy broccoli bake is great as a side to your roast dinner but it also makes a satisfying meal in itself.
Slimming World’s Cheesy broccoli bake transforms a family favourite into a healthier meal. This easy-to-make cheesy broccoli bake from Slimming World can be served either as a side dish or as a meal in itself. It's sure to satisfy lots of hungry kids and it will keep your dieting ambitions on track. The recipe uses a low fat cheese sauce to keep the calories low but it still delivers lots of comfort. This cheesy broccoli bake is a great way to get one of your five-a-day.
- 500g broccoli florets
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g fat-free cottage cheese with spring onion and chives
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Cook the broccoli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the spring onions and cherry tomatoes to the broccoli, mix well and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a clean bowl with the cottage cheese and garlic until smooth. Season well and add the parsley.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has just set. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Top Tip for making Slimming World’s cheesy broccoli bake
This recipe can be made ahead and frozen for extra convenience.