Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This recipe is a home made alternative to that old family favourite, chicken nuggets. It is quick, easy – and tastes great, too. These chicken goujons – succulent chicken breasts breaded and gently fried – can be eaten as a main meal with oven chips and peas, but they also make a great party starter, for people to share, and dip into tomato ketchup or your own home made dip.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 25g flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips, cutting on the diagonal.
- Toss the strips in the seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg and then coat evenly in the breadcrumbs, making sure it coats well.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and fry the chicken on each side until golden and cooked through. You may have to do this in batches.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot or cold with tomato ketchup (for kids), or make your own adult dip.
Top Tip for making Chicken Goujons with white breadcrumbs
To make a dip, mix together 100ml mayonnaise, 100ml soured cream, 2tbsp snipped chives and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.