Quick and simple to make, these chicory leaf with tomato salsa and blue cheese canapes are full of fresh flavour.
The chicory leaf with tomato salsa and blue cheese canapes are incredibly easy. They're also a great way to impress your guests - they look fancy but require little time or effort. We love quick and easy canapes. Not only are these chicory leaf with tomato salsa and blue cheese canapes easy and delicious they are also very low cal. Each one is only 16 calories and is low in fat. No need to feel guilty if you help yourself to several. If you struggle to find chicory, you could also use little gem lettuces. The inner leaves will be better as the outer leaves are a little too big for a mouthful.
- 2 chicory (also known as endive)
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Juice 1/2 a lime
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g blue cheese (we used stilton)
- Separate the chicory into individual leaves, wash carefully and dry. Leave to one side.
- Combine the tomato, red onion, spring onions and fresh parsley. Stir through the lime juice and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and leave for 20 mins in the fridge. Remove and place the mixture in a sieve over a bowl to remove excess liquid.
- Place a spoonful of the salsa into each individual chicory leaf and crumble some blue cheese on top of each one. You can then spoon over the lime and vinegar mixture if you like but be careful not to add too much liquid as it may drip.
Top Tip for making Chicory leaf with tomato salsa and blue cheese canape
Leave off the blue cheese for a vegan canape
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.