Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This great dish is hot and fast. Hot? The red chilli is guaranteed to raise the temperature! Balance the heat of the chilli by seasoning with lime juice and salt to taste. If you want to make this even more herby add some chopped tarragon as well. It’s a perfect light spring or summer starter but if you want to serve it as a more substantial main course simply add slices of cooked chicken to bulk it up a bit.
- 150g dried spaghetti
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- ½ red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 2tbsp each freshly chopped coriander and chives
- juice of 1 lime
- Boil the spaghetti in a pan of salted water according to packet instructions (usually 10-12 mins) and drain.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the garlic with the chilli over a very low heat for about 5 mins. Then add the herbs and the drained spaghetti and stir well.
- Season with salt, squeeze over the juice of a lime and serve in warm bowls.
Top Tip for making Chilli and garlic spaghetti
If you don’t have any spaghetti to hand, try using tagliatelle or linguine instead.