Salmon cooked the indulgent-but-healthy way: baked in white wine, citrus fruit and tomatoes, and served with brown rice. Delicious!
- 100g brown rice
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 slices orange
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (about 175g each)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped, plus 1/2 (half) tbsp oil from the jar
- 75ml dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (Gas Mark 6). Place the rice into a large saucepan with 200ml of cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat, season with sea salt to taste, and cover with the lid. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large shallow baking dish, place one lemon slice and one orange slice, just overlapping, next to each other. Repeat with the other two slices.
- Sit each salmon fillet on its own bed of citrus. Season each fillet with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix the dill, sun-dried tomatoes and tomato oil together. Spoon the mixture over the top of the salmon fillets. Drizzle with the wine.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until the salmon is opaque. Serve drizzled with the cooking juices and the prepared rice.
Top Tip for making Citrus baked salmon
This is great served with steamed mange tout or sugar snap peas - and if you want an even quicker balanced meal, look out for quick-cook brown rice or serve with couscous. You don?t have to buy fresh fish - many kinds of fish are cheap, easy to prepare and can be found in the supermarket freezer section! Oil-rich fish like salmon, sardines, fresh tuna and mackerel are rich in Omega 3 fats .
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World • Published
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Broccoli and salmon pasta
This superfood-packed broccoli and salmon pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
iCandy Orange vs Peach: which iCandy pram is the best?
We break down the difference between the iconic prams to help you choose the best one for your baby
By Heidi Scrimgeour • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Why was the rain orange yesterday? 'Blood rain' explained
By Selina Maycock • Published