Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This easy fried rice (opens in new tab) recipe is flavoured with delicious spring greens and egg. It makes for a quick and hearty dinner that’s sure to become a family favourite in no time. Our easy fried rice recipe is packed with flavour and uses a packet of cooked rice for convenience. The simple dressing can also be used to liven up some noodles and if preferred you could swap the rice for fresh noodles instead. We’ve used spring greens as it’s a great way to use them up when they are in season but you could use other veggies like pak choi, tenderstem broccoli or kale if you have it in the fridge. This easy fried rice recipe is vegetarian but you could serve it with grilled chicken, fish or steak. Keep it on the side if you’re planning a fast feast for everyone to share and let people help themselves!
- 1pkt ready cooked rice, 250g
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 stalks of spring greens, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- sliced chilli, optional
- Heat the oil in a pan. Swirl the eggs to cover the base of the pan to make a sort of egg pancake, when cooked through slide onto a plate and set aside.
- Cook the spring onions and greens for a few mins in the same pan. Add the rice and cook for a few minutes to heat through. Slice the egg pancake and mix through the rice. Mix together the soy, sesame oil, coriander, sesame seeds, lime juice and sliced chilli for the dressing. Toss the dressing through the rice to serve.
Top Tip for making Easy fried rice with egg and spring greens
This is a great base rice dish to add to – anything from salmon to chicken or beef strips works well stirred in before serving.