Who doesn't love a good gin and tonic at the end of the day? Well now you can enjoy this classic drink as part of your pud too, with this tasty gin and tonic pancake recipe.
These gin pancakes are a great option for a grown-up Pancake Day recipe to try, so the adults will have something to look forward to as well as the kids. Using fresh lemon and lime juice and zest, gin, and a can of gin and tonic, this recipe couldn't be easier to make but really makes a change from your usual pancake recipe (opens in new tab). Top it all off with a cocktail umbrella and tuck in while pretending you're somewhere sunny.
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- Lemon and lime zest
- 3tbsp sugar
- 3tbsp gin
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 250g gin and tonic can
- 50ml milk
- knob of butter
You will need:
- cocktail sticks and cocktail umbrellas
- To make the lemon and lime zest topping for this pancake recipe, peel the zest from a lemon and curl the zest around a cocktail stick. Repeat with the zest of a lime, also peeling it around a cocktail stick.
- To make the gin and tonic syrup, Squeeze the lemon juice and lime juice into a pan and add the sugar and gin. Boil the mixture for three minutes.
- To make the gin and tonic pancakes, place the flour in a bowl and add the egg and can of gin and tonic. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a pan and spoon the pancake mixture to make small pancakes.
- Once cooked, stack the pancakes on a plate and then drizzle the gin and tonic syrup over the top.
- Decorate with the lemon and lime zest, and a cocktail umbrella if you like, before serving.
You might also like...
American pancakes (opens in new tab)
Vegan pancakes (opens in new tab)