Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Salads don't have to be boring, the mix of toasted cheese, warm pears, hazelnuts and vinegar is delicious
- 4 thin slices of medium mature goats cheese roll
- 4 small or 2 large firm ripe pears
- 3tbsp light olive oil
- Selection of bitter salad leaves, such as rocket and herbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 60g chopped hazelnuts
- Quarter the pears and remove the cores. Lay the slices on a baking sheet and drizzle over one of the tablespoons of olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pears in a pre-heated oven 200ºC/400F/gas 6 for 15 mins or until lightly coloured.
- Heat a heavy frying pan and when hot place the goats? cheese slices in the pan. Leave for 2 mins before turning and cooking the other side. You want the cheese to be golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile mix the oils and vinegar together adding seasoning to taste to make the dressing.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and then lightly toast the nuts for about 2 mins while you assemble the plates.
- Divide the salad leaves between four plates and add the roast pears, top these with the cheese slices drizzle over the dressing and scatter on the nuts. Serve at once