This tasty beef meatballs curry from Weight Watchers is only 305 calories per serving - so you can still enjoy tasty food on your diet.
- 200 g (7oz) lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh root ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1 small egg, beaten lightly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the red curry sauce:
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1tbsp tandoori curry powder
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Put the beef, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and egg in a food processor. Season and blend to a coarse paste. Using wet hands, shape the mixture into walnut size balls. Put them on a plate and chill, covered, for about 30 mins.
- To make the sauce: Heat a lidded, non stick frying pan, spray with the cooking spray and fry the onion for 7 mins, adding a little water if it starts to stick. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 30 secs. Pour in the tomatoes and add 5tbsp of water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmering point.
- Arrange the meatballs in the pan, cover, and simmer for 15–20 mins, turning occasionally and adding a little water if the sauce looks too dry, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- When the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the pan using a slotted spoon and arrange on two plates. Stir the yogurt into the pan and season. Heat through gently then spoon the sauce over the meatballs. Garnish with the extra coriander.
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers Kofta meatballs in red curry sauce
You can use whatever mince you like in this recipe, but turkey mince is low fat, so try that too.
If you’re looking for low calorie meals that you can enjoy on the Weight Watchers plan, you’re in for a treat. We’ve got lots of mouth-watering Weight Watchers recipes here at Goodto.com ranging from breakfast to dinner, from lunch to dessert. Following the Weight Watchers diet has never been easier.
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It's packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Beef tikka masala
This beef tikka masala recipe comes from a 1930s issue of Women's Weekly - and it's still a favourite. It's been updated slightly to reflect the ingredients that are available in supermarkets today.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Weight Watchers butternut squash tortilla
Weight Watchers butternut squash and spinach tortilla is a quick, filling and delicious lunch option.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
When does autumn start? First day of autumn 2022
If you're wondering when does autumn start in the UK, we reveal the official date and month that marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
Tomato shortage 2023: Why are supermarkets running out of tomatoes in the UK?
As shoppers moan a lack of tomatoes in supermarkets, we've explained the reasons behind the tomato shortage affecting the UK in 2023.
By Emily Stedman • Last updated
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published