Quick lamb and halloumi stuffed peppers make the perfect midweek meal when you're in a hurry. Plus, it counts as two of your five-a-day. These delicious stuffed peppers are easy to make and perfect for the whole family. Top with squidgy halloumi and watch them disappear in minutes. Season with cumin and dried meat for an extra kick of flavour. This recipe serves 4 people and takes only 25 mins to make.
- 4 large red peppers
- tbsp olive oil
- 350g frozen lamb mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1tsp each dried mint and ground cumin
- tsp each cinnamon and ground coriander
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml hot lamb stock
- 250g pack mixed grains
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Put the peppers, cut-side down, on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil and roast for 5 mins, then turn and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Dry-fry the mince (from frozen) in a non-stick sauté pan. Remove to a plate, then add the remaining olive oil to the pan and cook the onion with the herbs and spices for 5 mins.
- Add back the lamb, tomato purée and stock, and simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the grains to coat in the meat sauce. Season to taste.
- Spoon lamb mix into the peppers and top with halloumi. Pop in the oven to melt the cheese. Serve with salad.
Top Tip for making Lamb and halloumi stuffed peppers
Don't fancy lamb? Swap it for Quorn mince and add 200g chopped tomatoes
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Baked lamb steaks
These baked lamb steaks are easy to cook in the pan with potatoes and cherry tomatoes, and each portion comes in under 400 calories. A great weekend supper idea.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Baked stuffed peppers
This recipe for roasted bacon and egg stuffed peppers is a classic woman's weekly recipe taken from 1958. Stuff the peppers with bacon, egg and breadrumbs and spinkle with plenty of cheese. Bake for 50 mins and serve hot with peas or salad.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Greek lamb with warm beans
By Sue McMahon • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Tomato shortage 2023: Why are supermarkets running out of tomatoes in the UK?
As shoppers moan a lack of tomatoes in supermarkets, we've explained the reasons behind the tomato shortage affecting the UK in 2023.
By Emily Stedman • Last updated
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Surprisingly cheap Mother's Day gift mums ACTUALLY want as chocolate and jewellery drop in popularity
New research has found that many mums in the UK have a very simple wish list this Mother's Day
By Emma Dooney • Published