Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A delicious rich leek-flavoured potato rosti topped with monkfish skewered onto a kebab of lemon grass.
- 750g (1lb 10oz) old potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and coarsely grated
- 450g (1lb) leeks, trimmed and finely shredded in a food processor
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 40g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 1 medium egg
- Ground Sea salt and black pepper
- 1tbsp light and mild olive oil for frying
- 8 sticks of lemon grass
- 500g (18oz) monkfish tail, skinned and bone removed
- 2 red peppers, cut into 16 pieces
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 1tbsp light and mild olive oil
- Mixed leaf salad
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Pat grated potato with kitchen paper to remove excess moisture. Microwave for 5 mins with the butter in a covered bowl.
- Add the shredded leek and garlic and cook for a further 3 mins. Season well and bind together with the egg. Chill until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile prepare the kebabs. Cut the monkfish into large cubes and thread onto the lemon grass skewers along with the bay leaf and red pepper. Place in a container and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
- To cook rosti shape into 8 x 8cm rounds using a pastry cutter and shallow fry over a very gentle heat for 10 mins on each side until crisp and golden, turning carefully with a fish slice.
- Grill marinated kebabs for 6-8 mins under a hot grill, turning half way through cooking.
- Serve kebabs on top of the rosti along with a mixed leaf salad.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Cheese crumble with leeks
Looking for vegetarian recipes, vegetarian crumble recipes or leek and cheese crumble recipes? This delicious leek and cheese crumble with mustard, hazelnuts and parsley is easy to make and a great vegetarian dish.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Robbie Williams claims he nearly died of mercury poisoning due to fish-heavy diet
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince George will 'learn how to fly fish' on Cambridges' family holiday to Balmoral
By Hayley Minn • Published
Fish and chips crowned UK’s favourite takeaway
By Aleesha Badkar • Published