Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These scrummy little teatime treats are packed full of tastebud-tickling cranberries and lemon zest. Perfect with a cuppa!
- 175g (6oz) butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2tbsp milk
- 170g dried cranberries
- 4-6tbsp granulated sugar
- Place the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest and milk in a bowl and beat until smooth. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into 26 x 16.5cm (10¼ in x 6½ in) tray bake tin, lined with baking parchment, and level the surface.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 mins at 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5), or until the cake has risen and is firm to the touch in the centre. Remove from the oven.
- While the cake is still hot, sprinkle with granulated sugar and drizzle with lemon juice. Leave to cool completely, then cut it into cubes.
Top Tip for making Lemon and cranberry cube cakes
Top tip: If you can't get hold of dried cranberries, cherries work just as well - or swap the lemon for orange and the cranberries for chocolate chips.