Lisa Riley's super simple kedgeree from her Honesty Diet book makes a delicious breakfast or brunch treat but would also work well as a speedy lunch or light dinner. This recipe serves two but you could easily scale it up for four. It's simple to cook and can be thrown together in a hurry. What's great about the Lisa Riley Honesty Diet is that it is great tasty food that is also good for your body. So there is no need to feel like you're going without or having a restricted diet because there are so many varied options!
For this Honesty Diet
recipe, you will need:
- 2 x 120g boneless, skinless smoked haddock fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 x 200g packet microwavable cauliflower rice, or half a head of fresh cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brush the fish fillets with a little of the coconut oil and season them well.
- Place under the grill and cook for around 4 minutes before flipping the fish over and cooking for another 4 minutes. Once it is cooked set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower rice according to packet instructions. If you're making your own, grate the cauliflower using a grater with medium-sized holes so it's got a chunky texture. Then pop it into a microwaveable bowl, cover with cling film and cook for three minutes.
- Mix the curry powder and the rest of the coconut oil together in a mixing bowl and add the rice and the chopped parsley. Stir well to make sure everything is evenly coated. Once the fish has cooled enough to handle, carefully flake it into the bowl and gently fold it into the rice and season to taste. Top with the egg quarters and serve.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World Published
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published