Cinnamon, citrus, ginger and honey mingle with warm apple juice in this wonderful non-alcoholic alternative to classic Christmas spirits. This delicious juice is a quick and simple winter warmer, containing all of the flavours of the festive season, and even the most inexperienced of cooks can rustle it up in no time. It’s great to serve to the kids whilst you’re enjoying a cup of mulled wine, but don’t let the fact it’s alcohol free fool you – guests of all ages will love its sweet and spicy taste. Plus, you’ve probably already got most of the ingredients tucked away in your store cupboard
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel of 1 large orange
- Peel of 1 large lemon
- Small knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 litre carton apple juice
- 2tsp runny honey
- Add the cinnamon stick, orange and lemon peel, and a sprinkle of the grated ginger to a large saucepan.
- Pour in the apple juice and place the pan over a low heat, simmering for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Stir in the honey (you can add a little more to taste if required).
- Strain the mixture into a jug and serve whilst still warm.
Top Tip for making Mulled apple juice
If the jug of mixture cools before you’ve finished drinking, you can simply return it to an empty saucepan and reheat it again!